A pump is literally the heart of an irrigation system, and there are a number of factors affecting the pump that contribute to the overall efficiency of the system. When considering pump efficiency, it can be helpful to remember that, depending on use patterns, an electric motor may use four to ten times its purchase price in electricity annually, and that one unit of energy saved at the pump saves 3.3 units at the motor.
- Powerplants flower fertigation presentation
- Designing an irrigation system: what you need to know
- Irrigation types for flower production
- Factors affecting irrigation scheduling in flower farming
- Flowers West Magazine May 2000
- Mechanism of chemical root pruning in kangaroo paw by selected heavy metal carbonates